Ole Miss Rebels Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/05/2024 4:36 pm  #1

Bianco

How much longer is he going to be the baseball coach at Ole Miss? Forever, he has done less than more what he’s been given.

4/06/2024 7:17 am  #2

Re: Bianco

I know under Bianco Ole Miss got an NC in a major sport since the 1960’s and that was definitely a great moment -  but that doesn’t mean the baseball program can keep going backwards on his watch —- if we only are in single digit SEC wins at the end of they year I’d say it’s time to move on.

Now who do we get? I would like to see OM go after the Clemson and Wake Forest coaches - people have mentioned Thompson at AU, but he doesn’t really excite me. And Dan McDonnell’s Star seems to be fading at Louisville

4/06/2024 11:17 am  #3

OneStopReb wrote:

I know under Bianco Ole Miss got an NC in a major sport since the 1960’s and that was definitely a great moment -  but that doesn’t mean the baseball program can keep going backwards on his watch —- if we only are in single digit SEC wins at the end of they year I’d say it’s time to move on.

Now who do we get? I would like to see OM go after the Clemson and Wake Forest coaches - people have mentioned Thompson at AU, but he doesn’t really excite me. And Dan McDonnell’s Star seems to be fading at Louisville

I live 15 minutes from Wake Forest. I am an acquaintance of the head baseball coach., Tom Walter. That means I know him a little, and he knows me a little. He’s a fine man, a Christian man, but an excellent coach whose teams are fundamentally sound. I have seen W.F. play many times, since he’s been there. If he had the talent and facilities from year to year that Bianco has had, well, Ole Miss would probably be a college baseball power. That is my opinion. I have had years to compare the two. Walter does more with less.

4/06/2024 4:30 pm  #4

KKR wrote:

OneStopReb wrote:

I live 15 minutes from Wake Forest. I am an acquaintance of the head baseball coach., Tom Walter. That means I know him a little, and he knows me a little. He’s a fine man, a Christian man, but an excellent coach whose teams are fundamentally sound. I have seen W.F. play many times, since he’s been there. If he had the talent and facilities from year to year that Bianco has had, well, Ole Miss would probably be a college baseball power. That is my opinion. I have had years to compare the two. Walter does more with less.

I’m Looking forward to visiting your area when Ole Miss plays at Wake Forest in September.

Coach Walter definitely seems to know his stuff and has been successful at Wake

4/07/2024 1:59 pm  #5

This is your guy, in my opinion. Wont be a easy hire, he is a ECU grad, but I think the call from OM would get his attention

I think he makes about 600K at ECU.  OM could triple that.

https://ecupirates.com/sports/baseball/roster/coaches/cliff-godwin/3960

Last edited by Rock1Aggie (4/07/2024 2:01 pm)

4/08/2024 7:07 am  #6

A lot of folks like Butch Thompson at AU too….they’re struggling so far this year (2-10 in SEC play) so not sure how much that would hurt him if other jobs open and people are looking

4/08/2024 3:48 pm  #7

OneStopReb wrote:

A lot of folks like Butch Thompson at AU too….they’re struggling so far this year (2-10 in SEC play) so not sure how much that would hurt him if other jobs open and people are looking

Just my opinion, but I would not want Butch at Ole Miss. Surely, we could do better!

4/14/2024 9:03 pm  #8

Big series win vs msu

Board footera